Friday, September 26, 2008

I'm On An Artsy-Craftsy Bender - Yeah Baby!


I have been working on many projects this last week. Many, many items are "in progress" and get rotated around depending on where & how the inspiration comes to me. Here's my current list of projects:

1. A couple of purses from the thrift store that are being creatively enhanced.

2. Several old softballs & baseballs that are being painted into "art balls".

3. Another computer memory board project. (Pictured above) Yes it is weird, nontraditional & very much something I would come up with. It's a study on contrasts & color.

4. A mixed-media tree picture.

5. A sculptural piece made from old silverware.

6. Two quilted totebags that are getting lots of embroidery embellishments, quotes, buttons...

7. A lampshade using recycled phonebook pages.

I found a big bag of fake money at the thrift store yesterday and now I want to make a sculptural piece with that. An idea came to me while I was in the shower this morning.

So many ideas, so little time...


2 comments:

Solseeker 744 said...

When I saw this I thought it was a scaled model of a government complex. I didn't think of computer components. My mind doesn't work like yours but it's just flexible enough to enjoy what you do.--Mauri

Tina Leavy said...

how neat.