Saturday, September 6, 2008

Let's Celebrate Scandanavia - Uffdah, you betcha!


My friend, fellow Minnesotan and Scandinavian Gwen Workman, owner of the Wooden Spoon in Plano, Texas is celebrating her 20th year in business this Saturday, September 13th! http://www.woodenspoon.ws/
I will be doing two 30 minute storytelling programs in the afternoon for this event and will be located in a tent in front of the store. My stories will all be Scandinavian in origin, with special emphasis on Norway, my ancestral heritage. Uffdah! I will also be encorporating my own personal Minnesotan stories into my program. Good fun! Here is a picture of Gwen, she makes tasty lefsa and other scrumptious scandinavian goodies that she has for sale in her store. Stop by if you have the opportunity - it is a truly unique and special place!

No comments: