Friday, September 19, 2008

My lantern titled, "Firecracker Mood!"


This is what I made at the ReadyMade workshop last night. We all constructed lanterns using cardboard and assorted materials. It is challenging to work fast enough to finish on time. None of us did, but when I got home it was only another 30 minutes more and it was done.
Now that this one is complete, I've come up with several more ideas that are a tad more sturdier and practical in construction. They will work better with my homes decor too. At any rate - this was fun to do.

The workshop leaders were Grace Hawthorne, President & Publisher of ReadyMade Magazine and Derek Fagerstrom, Projects Editor. They are very nice, live in gorgeous Berkley, Calif. where the company is located, and were very hands on with the lamp making. It is obvious that they are both SUPER creative people who like learning new, creative ways to make things for the home. What a dream job...

Tonight they will discuss more about ReadyMade at the DMA in the Horchow Theater at 9 pm. You know I'll be there!

No comments: