Friday, April 10, 2009

Tejas Storytelling Festival 2008


The Festival was wonderful this year. As usual, I ran hard the whole time trying to do as much as possible. I hate to miss out on a good time! Here is a photo of Genie Hammell and I enjoying a yummy lunch at a Greek restaurant. It was one of those modest places that have the best food. It was my favorite place to eat during the festival.
This is Sumi. She was just days away from her 6th birthday. Her parents are from South India and wonderful, friendly people. I helped coach Sumi on her tale. She wore a traditional Indian outfit and was was beautiful up there on the stage. She did an amazing job on her story. Sumi is a particularly talented young lady, she will go far in life.
Here I am with fellow storytellers. We were all looking at photos from festivals past on Mel Davenport's computer. One of the best things about festival is hanging out with fellow storytellers. We are a fun bunch of folks! If I may say so myself;-)


This is from the final concert on Sunday. I had spent 4 days up in Denton hanging with storytellers, going to workshops, facilitating my own workshop A Picture Is Worth A Thousand Words...more or less, staying at my good friend Betsy's house, and just having a BLAST of a good time. I was tired, tired, tired when I got back home, but it was worth it.



No comments: