Thursday, April 23, 2009

Plano's Live Green Expo

That's Ed Begley Jr. in the photo. This was my first festival last Saturday. It was rainy, muddy, yuck, yuck, yuck. Thus, everyone was packed in the building that had been set up with booths giving away all kinds of freebies and packed into the room above to listen to Ed talk about the virtues of living green. (He looked good - a healthy lifestyle is working well for him.)

Me, well I was outside all morning in the children's craft tent trying to help with two crafts I'd helped prepare, and also doing 1 1/2 hours total of storytelling on a stage while trying to stay dry under a little awning. The good news is that I had hardy, fun children who came to my storytelling programs and helped me tell them. We actually had a pretty good time. Considering that the outside crowd was so small since EVERYONE wanted to be inside staying dry and not caking mud all over their shoes. I ended up having a really good time and meeting a ton of cool, environmentally aware folks. A good start to the day.

Oh, I had five pieces of art in the Live Green art exhibit too and have enjoyed really good feedback on them! Yee-haw!

1 comment:

Tina Leavy said...

hi there! well no walk thru's yet on the house but it has only been on the market since Monday..I expect things will start picking up by next week though with the interest. I hope so.
Glad to see that all is going real well for you.
hugs, Tina and crew