Monday, July 21, 2008

One of my favorite things: Metting New People!

I love, love love meeting all the friendly people at my storytelling programs for the Dallas Public Libraries this summer. Dallas is a very diverse city with very distinct & individual communities consisting of several ethnic groups. Some libraries are located in nicer facilities than others, some neighborhoods are far wealthier than others, some communities are obviously going through difficult times, but the people and their children...oh my goodness...they are all beautiful. Really! I feel so lucky that I get to spend time with them.

Today I got to meet 6 year old Cedric at the Martin Luther King Jr. Branch. What a charmer he was. His delightful comments during the program were thoughtful, humorous and very insightful. He is but one of the many amazing kids I have met this summer. These children, their parents, the librarians, more than make up for the often congested inner city driving that I have to weave through whilst frantically reading traffic signs and my driving directions!

Yes indeedy, I got a great job!

1 comment:

Tina Leavy said...

oh aren't kids at that age so inquisitive and fun? so glad that you love the job and the interaction..it makes it all worth it I'm sure.