Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Off to Louisiana!

I'm off to Louisiana tommorrow for the workshop. I will stay with my fellow storytellers at the Cook Hill House B&B. It is circa 1850 - hope there aren't any ghosts! I have never stayed at a B&B, so I'm very excited. The pictures of the place are lovely.
The Quaker storytelling event was FUN! I did a very improvisational program and had a blast. Sometimes comedy happens in the most unexpected & magical ways.
Lily is sick. She has been ailing for a while. I really hate to leave when she's sick. Jeff will be here for her if she needs anything. She is 17 1/2 years old, so I guess she can do okay without her mom hovering over her.
Soon as I get back, I need to work on material for the Dallas Museum of Art. It never ends folks. I guess it's a real blessing that I LOVE what I do.
Ah yes, I really do love telling stories. (I need to remind myself of this when the workload gets heavy.)

3 comments:

Tina Leavy said...

ooh..Ghosts will make the stay that much more interesting..ha.
Hope you have a lovely time.
I hope that Lilly gets better real soon.
On a side note:
Talked to Roxanne today..had not spoken with her for a long time. Poor Samuel has 3 ulcers! can you imagine?! guess they are checking him for the h. pylori bacteria too. That's something you may want to have them check on Lilly..they do a breath analysis or a blood test..symptoms are belching,nauseau,upset stomach,gas,nauseau before and after eating,fatigue.Some dr's don't think to test for that..so it might be worth checking into..just a thought....
Paul had that several years back and basically was put on a 2 week regime of antibiotics and Nexium..it worked.
------------
yeah..I have the Spring fever early..ha.
I took down every picture on the walls in my house and totally rearranged them and moved some things around and removed some things..ha.
I'm finding that I definitely like the older things..vintage type prints and so forth(think Gibson girl styled advertisements and Wm.Bouguereau type art)
----------
Hoping to get some areas tilled in the yard to add to my cottage garden area and to get a few raised beds set in..have someone coming by hopefully on Thursday to do a bit of that and to help trim trees and help get my yard back in shape...yay.Always something to do.
--------------
I always start getting antsy for Spring as soon as it hits January..ha!
-----------
We are all well here
----------
Safe travels to you and I look forward to seeing the photos from your trip.
~Tina

Michael Ogden said...

Have fun in New Orleans! I grew up there, but sometimes I go back anyway.

Bella Modiste said...

Sorry to hear Lily was sick, do hope she is feeling better!
cheers,
~Naomi