Monday, February 11, 2008

Yes, it was haunted...










The Cook-Hill House in Desoto Parish, LA was indeed haunted. Oh, Judy, the very nice woman who met us at the door when we arrived said it wasn't, but it was! The house was built around 1850 and had lots of charm, clean & cozy bedrooms, wonderful food, AND at least one ghost. The pictures above are of me standing in front of the house after I had not slept for two straight nights. I was still waiting for the coffee I had drank to kick in.
I have never, ever, not slept for two straight nights. An argument could be made that I had not slept due to the excitement and the incredible success of the trip. I mean, how can one settle down and rest when they are presenting a workshop for the first time with three super talented storytelling friends and have it so well recieved. Plus, everyone was so friendly and chatty. We had the best time talking to the locals and the attendees of our workshops. We found ourselves laughing all the time - great big belly laughs! The trip and the workshops couldn't have been more creatively and spiritually satisyfing - that is for CERTAIN!
That said, I still must insist that the B&B is haunted. Not by spooky, nefarious ghosts mind you. Just...past echoes 0r presences. When you can't sleep at night you can feel em. Hear voices that seem to come from far away and nearby all at the same time. Other sounds...too. O'course there were mice living there as well. One took Genie's chocolate candy and ate it. She found the empty wrapper on the floor.
At least, we think it was a mouse...we really don't know WHAT or WHO ate the candy. OOOHHHOOhhooOOOHHOoooHHHHH!






3 comments:

Bella Modiste said...

rofl...a ghost with a sweet tooth huh? Sounds like you had fun!
And oh my gosh! 2 days without sleeping! whew!Haha
cheers,
~Naomi

Tina Leavy said...

admit it Ann, chocolate tastes great with coffee..hee hee hee. LOL just kidding..haha.(I'm kidding you ya know)
a mouse..for sure..LOL
but..I bet that house is haunted..oh the stories it could probably tell if walls could talk.
so glad you had a great time. greetings to your crew.
well..I do try to stay busy..and trying to network a wee bit across blogland ..would like to see more readership on the magazine..so that's partly why I join in on the give aways and what not.
We've been getting ready to put in a garden this year..well..adding on to our cottage garden area and adding a few raised bed garden areas for veggies...that sort of thing..then of course I've been in that silly taking down all my pictures on the wall and getting rid of things and putting up what I really like..guess it's finally time to do that since I'm starting to knock on the 4-0 door pretty soon..time to just start getting and doing what I like..ha.
we are all doing great here. I'll have to send pics of the kids soon..they are growing up so fast.
have a wonderful week!..and a Happy Valentine's Day..and hey..have Jeff get ya some chocolate...that poor mouse just couldn't defend it's reputation here..LOL haha.
hugs,
Tina

Tina Leavy said...

wish we lived closer too...glad you had a good Valentine's Day..we did also. Baked Paul a castle shaped chocolate cake..got sappy and told him he was the king of our little castle here..ha.
Guess that's fitting because Hannah likes to call herself a princess..:0)
I'd have been delighted to create the photos for your brochure..if only we lived nearby.Ahh well..I'm sure you'll find someone nearby that does a great job though.
Went today and found the prettiest violas and pansies..they are so pretty..the wee violas are a darling lavender pink color with a pastel yellow..so girly girly looking for a flower..ha.
I'm going to snip some of the flowers and press them..what I will make from them I haven't a clue yet..but something...ha.
Well I hope the house hunting goes well. Paul's folks are in the same boat..moved back to Ocala and now looking for a place. Thomasville didn't work out for them.:0(
Have a great week..always love hearing from you.
~Tina