Thursday, January 31, 2008

Oy Vey!

What a week it's been...

I get the common cold every two years or so, not a bad thing. Nope. This past week I was apparently due for one. Today I am feeling much better.

Good thing too, because I have busy, busy days ahead.

I'm one of the storytellers for a Quaker Storytelling Event on Sunday. I've never been to a Quaker meeting house so I'm looking forward to the experience. They are doing this as a fund raiser for renovations to their children's area. Good cause.

Then on Wednesday I travel to Louisiana with three other storytellers. As a team we will present two days of workshops to librarians and others who are interested in promoting storytelling in their communities. Our workshop is titled, "A Lifetime of Stories". We will discuss the various ways one can present storytelling programs for listeners at every stage of life. My topic is young adult audiences. I'll be doing my particular style of telling that relies heavily on improvisation and character protrayals. I am both very excited to have this opportunity and nervous about how it will turn out. This is the first time we're doing it. We have plans to do more in the future too, so of course we want to be informative and entertaining both.

I should probably get to work on polishing up my portion of the workshop.

Bye, bye folks...

3 comments:

Bella Modiste said...

Have fun in Louisiana!
cheers,
~Naomi

Jan's Music & Arts said...

Ann- I'd love to get a copy of your story about Grandma Peterson as well as your young love.

Love Jan

Tina Leavy said...

oh cool. the Quaker house visit sounds so neat...as does the traveling to Louisiana....have fun and safe travels!
----
I'm having a little drawing over on my blog if you'd care to join in.
Tina