Wednesday, January 16, 2008

J.M.W. Turner: Master Painter of Light

The DMA's next exhibit will be the works of J. M. W. Turner, one of the greatest landscape artists of all time. It will be an awesome show! Turner really could "catch light" with his paint brush, thereby creating moving, mystical, ethereal, magnificent, frightening...I could go on and on, viewing experiences.

For my story preparation, I am given (permanently - Yippee!) beautiful exhibit books for the shows that I can study and select works of art to put with my stories or create a story from. For the Turner exhibit, one of the tings I"ll be doing is a gallery walk with families where I will talk about his paintings and tell a few stories. The more I read about this brilliant artist and look at his work the more excited I become. I already have two tales that I know will work. This show opens Feb. 10 and runs until May 18. If you are in the Dallas area, do stop in to see it. They have started hanging it already and it looks like there will be huge paintings that you can stand in front of and just lose yourself in. Magical!

4 comments:

Tina Leavy said...

how wonderful! lovely artwork jut from the wee bit I can see here! ..and what a cool added bonus too..that you get to have the reference materials/books about these wonderful artists..what fun to learn about things like this.
I love how the human mind never stops learning and growing..something new to explore and learn about every day..if we just open our minds to the possibilities. It looks like you are discovering and learning about so many wonderful things in the art world..terrific!
By the way..I hope you have a lovely weekend! greeting to the family.
hugs,
Tina
p.s. if you get a chance to stop by my blog I have a few new things going on..I have found a place to showcase and offer my photos, as well as a small "market" of garden,home decor items and so forth..fun! fun!

Tina Leavy said...

hey,
thanks for stopping by..you know how to make a gal almost tear up.(thanks/hugs) I hope the house offer works out well.
Have a wonderful week!
~Tina

Unknown said...

Luna Trim really works naturally working process is triggered by ingredients or elements. It is pure herbs and natural ingredients. Luna Trim diet
https://bit.ly/2HHodqk

Anonymous said...

Corporate Event Planners in Delhi
Great list !these are very useful .good Guisadong Monggo are here . these are helpful for me.thanks for sharing these amazing tip
http://www.jubilationlive.com/corporate/index.aspx