Friday, January 4, 2008

The Seasons of Life: Autumn




Here is an acrylic & copper collage I created not long after arriving in Texas two years ago.

Note that the sky is boiling with turmoil, the swirling wind has ripped the copper leaves off of a black tree exposing waving bare limbs to the elements.

Anyone want to conjecture a psychoanalysis of the state of my mind when I created this?

The move here brought dramatic life changes not only for myself, but for Jeff and Lily too. I don't want to go into all the juicy details, but there was a lot of crap we had to deal with. Some good, some bad. How does that David Bowie song go? "...Ch-ch-changes" yeah thats it.

Art is my therapy. This collage was created from an image I had in a dream. At first, I did not see the significance, the meaning. When I did I was amazed.

The move to Texas caused us all to go through an identity crisis of sorts. It involved releasing the old that was past its prime much like nature experiences autumn.

The "winter" that came was often cold & disorienting, but we did enjoy our time in hibernation where we rested and prepared for a spring that was indeed filled with new, exciting possibilities...

1 comment:

Tina Leavy said...

really like this piece too, and how the swirling winds denote the winds of change. really cool image.
I actually like how you have shown both this image, and the new Spring image here...yes..life changes..and it's an amazing journey along the way.