Saturday, January 8, 2011

Diary of a Tortured Artist: Decisions

Decisions. Decisions.  Decisions.

What idea is worthy of following through on to the creation phase?

What ideas will have to be put on hold?

What ideas are a complete waste of time and effort?

What do I need to give up in order to do this project? Will it be worth it?

Who will I tick off because I am immersed in my work and ignoring them?

What will be the rewards when the project is completed?

These are just some of the questions that I deal with on a daily basis as I pursue my passions in the world of art. I so love the act of creating. It is an adrenaline rush for me. I feel so alive when my mind, my body, my soul, and my muses are in harmony with each other. I have no problem coming up with projects for myself. In fact, I have the opposite problem. I come up with too many. This leads to overload.

Thus, the tortured artist enters the room.

Decisions.  Decisions.  Decisions.

No comments: