Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Loco for Cocorosie!!!


These are my sisters in spirit.  I don't know any other way of expressing how much I admire these two musicians who are sisters.  They create music so incredibly original.  Their penchant for costuming themselves in completely unique ways is also very much a part of my own creative process, BUT it is one that I work at suppressing.  That said, I do very much weaken my guard and give in to wearing some odd outfits for everyday & for storytelling programs. 

Take a look at this interview if you are curious about Cocorosie. http://www.vogue.it/en/people-are-talking-about/music-theatre-cinema/2010/12/cocorosie

I listen to their music when I am creating art. If I start listening to it while doing something else, I have to stop and go create something.  Their work is responsible for my own inclusion of original sounds & music in some of the stories I perform.

Check their videos out on Youtube. Their songs can be really out there, strange, even disturbing...but, I still really love their originality and unique artistic voice.

No comments: