Thursday, December 9, 2010

Diary of a Tortured Artist: An Introduction

Hello fellow artists out there. Feeling tortured lately?  Are you creatively frustrated?  Are the people you have relationships with "not getting you?" Do you constantly struggle with inner turmoil and conflict while directing your creative energies into successful works of art?

Rejoice! You're not alone.

According to Wikipedia these past creators have experienced your angst:


Kurt Cobain, Marilyn Monroe, F. Scott Fitzgerald, Judy Garland, Vincent Van Gogh, Ernest Hemingway,
Franz Kafka, Frida Kahlo, John Lennon, Sylvia Plath, Edgar Allan Poe, Hunter S. Thompson, and Virginia Woolf.

Such a bloody shame they met such tragic ends isn't it? Darn. Can't you just scream?

So where's the hope? The salvation from suffering the burdens of being a creative, visionary soul?

Hell if I know.

My only recourse at this point in time is to embark on a series of introspective writings (or should I say rantings) where I grapple with the dark side of being an artist. In this way I will attempt to cleanse myself of the gut wrenching places my thoughts can sometimes lead me as I strive to find a sense of creative fulfillment.

No comments: