Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Spontaneous Outing

Something I like to do from time to time is to get in a car and go exploring. Taking opportunities to see different scenery is very refreshing and invigorating for me. Last Sunday, Jeff and I had a few spare hours, so we got in the car and drove up to McKinney, Texas. It has an old, quaint downtown area with neat little shops. When we arrived we were pleasantly surprised to discover that they were having a festival for dogs!!! They had all kinds of events going on, plus a Marde Gras dog parade. Oh what joy! We walked around and admired all the pooches, enjoyed a hot dog together and got some fresh air.
We should have asked someone to take a photo of us together - oh well. Here we are separately.
I wanted to take some pictures of the dogs, and did take a few, but they didn't turn out. All I can say is there were great danes, yorkies, corgis, collies, mutts, all kinds of dogs and everyone was getting along just fine and dandy.

No comments: