Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Lunch at Jyoti's House


I recently had lunch at my friend & fellow storyteller, Jyoti Subramanian's house. She lives in Carrollton, Texas, but was born and raised in India. She invited me over to her home for an absolutely, delicious Indian meal. Look at the pot above. It is a pressure cooker and Jyoti showed me the tricky maneuver that is needed to seal it. I wish we had these kinds of pots here in the U.S. They are NEAT!

Inside the pot were delicious lentils - yum-yum. Jyoti sent me home with the leftovers and I ate every bite the next day.

Here a photo of the meal. We had fish in curry sauce, potatoes that were sooooo flavorful, lentils, white rice and bread.

Time to eat! I ate every bite and was full, full, full. Jyoti also made traditional Indian tea. She showed me how to do it and gave me some to take home so I could make my own. I did too. I drank two more cups when I got home and have been making it regularly. The tea is boiled on the stove with lots of milk and sugar. It has a comfy, very soothing quality. You just sip it and go aaaahhhhhhh... If you ever visit me, I will make you a cup.
Thank you Jyoti, for a lovely afternoon. I can't believe I didn't get a photo of her too. Dang.




1 comment:

Tina Leavy said...

am so glad that you are having lots of fun there in Plano..and meeting some really super cool folks too it sounds like.