Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Great Blog Full Of Appalachian Life Stories

I have become an enamored fan of the following blog by storyteller Mathew Burns: http://www.appalachianlifestyles.blogspot.com/

Years ago, let me see...it was 1976, my family lived for 6 months in Quantico, Virginia where my stepfather attended the Marine Corps officer's training school. One weekend we drove to West Virginia to explore the Appalachians. Oh my, it was love at first sight for all of us! What a gorgeous place. We aimlessly drove along back roads admiring the scenic beauty all around us, the little homesteads tucked neatly into the Appalachian's nooks & crannies - everything was so beautiful to us.

Well, Matthew Burns was growing up there at that time. In his blog, he tells the story of his family who has lived in those mountains for many generations and shares lots of photos.

If I could figure out a way to live in that neck of the woods, I surely would. In the meantime, I can enjoy his blog.

No comments: