Tuesday, May 20, 2008

DMA Center For Creative Connections



I LOVE this wall at the Dallas Museum of Art. It's in the Center For Creative Connections, the new educational area for children. It features blocks of wood that have been "textured" with various materials. The kids are invited to feel the blocks and write their reactions on slips of paper that can be stuck on the wall. It's lots of fun to read read what the kids have written down. I was their last Friday night and tried to take my own picture in front of the wall with only partials success. Looks like my hair style completely went flat before my program.
Really, really need that makeover!
Anyway, in my art work for years now, I have been interested in using unusual materials and creating various textures that are tactile friendly. So this wall and the exhibit that is up right now are fascinating & inspiring. I've begun two projects recently, not exactly sure where I'm going exactly with them, but for me it is the process not the product that is the most interesting.

1 comment:

Tina Leavy said...

what a fun wall display. I bet the kids have loads of fun with that.
by the way..I love seeing all the photos of what you are up too also.
there's some major changes on the horizon ...finally...for our crew.
But we've nailed down a specific date for some major changes to start being underway.
yeehaw.