Friday, May 2, 2008

Big Weekend Ahead

I have been slow in getting posts out lately. Truly, it is my intention to greatly improve from this point on.

What have I been up to lately?

On Wedneday, April 3oth I did a program for the Dallas Museum of Art for Dia De Los Ninos/Dia De Los Libros (Day of the Children/Day of the Books).

On Thursday night, 6 tellers and I told stories for the Dallas Heritage Village for an evening concert.

Today at the Dallas Heritage Village several Dallas area tellers including myself and one delightful teller, Lucinda Wise from Austin told stories to area Elementary students.

Tomorrow (Saturday) and Sunday I will be telling stories for the Dallas Museum of Art's grand opening of their new Center for Creative Connections. I will be doing a total of eight 30 minute sets for them. It promises to be a fun, active & creative two days for me. I hope to be able to partake in their other ongoing activites when not onstage. Today, I had the pleasant surprise of finding my name mentioned in the Dallas Newspaper's article regarding this event. Fun, Fun!

So, between now and tomorrow morning when I will take the train downtown to the museum, I will be polishing up my stories for this weekend.

Once upon a time, I read that the difference between anxiety and excitement is one's interpretation of what is essentially the same sensation. So henceforth, from this very moment in time, I shall interpret the butterflies crazily fluttering around in my belly as excited little critters joyfully waiting to be released into a warm & welcoming world where they can enjoy life's limitless bounty.

Hhhmm...or something along that line of thought...for I am choosing to be excited and not ANXIOUS about this major storytelling opportunity at the DMA.

1 comment:

Tina Leavy said...

so glad that things are going so well. was tickled to see you mentioned in the newspaper.
way to go!