Thursday, April 24, 2008

My Other Two Sanctuaries


The top image is of the backyard. It is small, decked and oh soooo soothing. There are huge pecan trees that tower over it and the side yard has a tree with a bench built around it. You can't see it in the photo. I was standing on it to take the picture. The big picnic table was left behind by the previous owners - it's way nice. The side yard has two large rose bushes that are in bloom. When I look out of my kitchen window I can see the lovely pick blossoms.
The second photo is of my creative arts area. There is a fireplace to the left of the photo - you can see a little of the mantle. It is two-sided. The other side faces the master bedroom. The picture makes the area look small, but it is really a nice size with a big cabinet to store all kinds of stuff.
We live in a super quiet neighborhood that is right across the road from a huge park with a nature center in it. So even though our yard is small, I have woods, lakes and all kinds of wildlife right across the street. So cool. We also have horses and cows happily strolling their pastures right down the road from us. Our neighbor told us he saw a possum in our front yard last night too. The wildlife roams about freely around here!
>sigh<
I hope we stay in this house for years and years...I love it!

2 comments:

Tina Leavy said...

hey..you'll need to delete the above comment..those are spam..so annoying..I get those too on my blog. don't open them..just go in and do a "delete forever"
anyhow...the house/yard look terrific.
so happy for you.

ruthiebaby88 said...

So glad you loving your house! It does sound really nice - I was just saying to Paul the other day that's the perfect situation - a house with a small yard or a condo right across the street from a park - let the city mow the lawn - teeheehee -
It's really cool you've got all that wildlife around!