Sunday, March 23, 2008

Tornado Days...

The last few days have been a whirlwind - a topsy turvy category 5 TORNADO of activity!

Sometimes life moves so fast that it's hard to remain standing upright and sane.

What do I mean by that? This last Friday -
1. I booked 19 gigs with the Dallas Public Library for their summer reading program.
2. I gave a 15 minute presentation at a performers showcase in Garland, Texas. When I was done, I was approached by a production company, or more specifically a broadcast and media company, about providing character voices for a children's animated television program.
3. I then went and had an awesome experience doing my Friday Night Live storytelling program for the Dallas Museum of Art.

It was all so exciting! But, when I got home that night, my legs ached with exhaustion and my voice was shot.

I have since followed up with the production company, and it looks like such a fun project. They have to work out the production schedule, budget..etc in the next week or two. I still don't know many details, but the main idea sounds fascinating. It would be so much fun to provide character voices for a children's show. Sure hope it works out.

We had a quiet Easter today, which was very good. Why? Because tomorrow my husband and I will close on our new home. Then we will start moving into it over the next few weeks. I will have a two week break in gigs after this Wednesday and I hope to get some painting done, most of the small stuff moved into it, the yard straightened up, and as always, some story writing done for several programs coming up in the next few months.

It is not the first time that I have found myself moving into a house while frantically juggling outside obligations. Once, I moved into a house during the day and then hurried off to the theater to play the lead in a Neil Simon play that was opening that very night. I survived, so I figure whatever happens, it'll all work out just fine.

At any rate, I have my fingers crossed for good luck!

2 comments:

Tina Leavy said...

hey there..so glad yoou now have a home to call your own. Paul's folks closed on their new home yesterday/ they moved back to Ocala/couldn't find what they wanted in Thomasville.
Oh my! the character voice project sounds so cool! I hope that comes through for you.
And wow..but you've been so busy.
Glad you had a great Easter/quiet time.
Have a great week! Hope the move goes well. greetings to your crew.
Tina

Bella Modiste said...

So glad you've got a home now! How exciting! don't forget to post pictures!!
~Naomi