Thursday, December 13, 2007

Story intermission

I feel the need to interject that this story is not flowing the way I had intended in the beginning. That's how it is sometimes. It is not representational of my typical stories that I tell for performances. Odd...I guess I needed to go down this path for some reason.

I've had many interruptions while writing it too. I've had the Lantern Light Festival in Plano where my guild told holiday tales and I've needed to spend quite a bit of time working on stories for the Dallas Museum of Art. I also attended my very first venders fair where I set up a table and tried to entice passing librarians from north Texas to stop by and learn about what I do. It was an interesting experience. I think the best part was meeting all the other artists there. I talked to clowns, other storytellers, a guy walking a beaver on a leash (you heard me), another guy who pretends he's Shakespeare (he did look like him - poor fellow), and filmed an alarmingly bad 3 minute video where I talked about storytelling.

So, I'm back to it now. Shoot, maybe I'll surprise myself and finish this bugger. One can only hope.

No comments: