Thursday, November 15, 2007

So many stories, so little time

I used to have a bumper sticker that read "So many stories, so little time...". It was proudly displayed on the rear bumper of my previous vehicle; a bright, electric green little economy car. That statement was true for me then and is even more so now. I have started writing many personal stories and I want to complete them. I have scads of old folktales tucked away in files, patiently waiting to be adapted into new material for me to tell to future listeners. So many stories...waiting. Wanting to be told...

*sigh*

Time is my big issue. There just isn't enough of it. And gosh dang it all, but I am one of those people who need to sleep 9-10 hours every night! How I envy those people who say they only need 4-5 hours of sleep per night. Martha Stewart is a freak of nature who needs only 4 hours of sleep per night, and from what I hear, she's not always a very nice person. But just between you and me, I sure do envy her hyper-energetic, type A productivity!

As I type this, I have new material patiently waiting to be developed & polished for a program tomorrow night at the Dallas Museum of Art. Following that, I have several new stories that need to be ready next month, and the month after that, and the month after that... I pride myself on being a fast learner of stories, and I am, I am...it's just that right now many stories need to be researched, developed and learned in a very short time.

So, off I go to do just that, but boy oh boy, do I hear the clock ticking away...tick-tock, tick-tock, tick-tock...

1 comment:

About Sean Buvala said...

What a fun littel blog! Thanks for sharing. You know, deveolping new material and crafting old material is our job. We must *make* the time to have new materials. It would be hard for a baker to try to sell last month's products, so it is for us as storytellers. It's not an option. Congrats on the new gig, too!