Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Okay, so maybe I need to blog more often...

Well in my defense, I did have good intentions when I began this blog. I truly believed I was going to write more often then this. And I will, I will. I just need to overcome my distaste for having to learn the techno know-how of blogging.



The world of story has been keeping me super busy. This October, I had more gigs then ever before, which in turn required my writing lots of new material. Twas challenging in the extreme, yet creatively fulfilling at the same time. Long story short - I created new stories (often in the nth hour), got out there in front of the audiences, told the stories and didn't fall flat on my face. I survived!!! Though I do have a lingering twitch in my right eye that I'm still struggling to overcome.



Now for the Big, BIG news!



I am the official resident storyteller for the Dallas Museum of Art! Last February I told stories there for the first time, and well, they kept inviting me back until finally I was asked to be their permanent storyteller. Life is so amazing! During my first visit to the DMA with my family, not long after we had moved to Texas, I remember wishing aloud about how wonderful it would be to tell stories there. We were at the museum for hours & hours, it is HUGE, and of course I wanted to see it all. I fell in love with the place that day, marveling over the hundreds of master artworks in every nook & cranny. Who knew I was going to really work for them as a storyteller one day? So finally, after years & years of feeling caught between my love of storytelling/performance and the visuals arts, often feeling like I had to choose one or the other, I am now able to combine both into a harmonious whole. How very creatively satisfying for me.

Other storytelling news:

The Richardson/Plano Storytelling Guild will have their Tellabration on Sunday, Nov. 18 at 2:30 pm at Plano Heritage Farmstead off of 15th street. I will be there telling stories along with the other storytellers. Here's hoping we have a beautiful fall day for the event. We gather back at the farm on the evening of Nov. 30th for Christmas/seasonal stories during their Lantern Light Festival.

Okay, that's it for now. Caio.

No comments: