Sunday, September 4, 2011

Thursday nights at the Dallas Museum of Art

I love, love, LOVE going to Thursday night artist encounter workshops at the DMA.  I meet excellent artists who work in a variety of mediums and learn new creative skills. As an added bonus, I have made some wonderful friendships with the "regulars"; people in the DFW community who love to attend these as much as I do. Here are some photos from this summer.
 Martha is creating a very clever & interesting sculpture made from stuffed animal parts.
 Interesting "franken creatures" made from assorted stuffed animals. Which one is mine? Guess.
 Drawings from the week before to prepare for our franken creatures. This was an exquisite courpse drawing activity. Different people composed 1/3 of the picture, then at the end we saw the whole picture. I hate to draw, but this was fun.

 My franken creature looks rather sweet & cute, but BEWARE!!! It likes to eat little creatures.
The group posing with our work. We did this in like 1 1/2 hours. Not bad.

No comments: