Sunday, September 4, 2011

Back Dreamin' & Creatin'

I've had a resurgance of creative output lately. I've finished a few hobo scarves, hair clips, Whimsy Trees and this!
I made it using cardboard, plaster casting, an old black wool sweater, old hardware, hot glue and computer parts. It will go with two UFO-type stories I'll tell later this month. I wanted it to look like a space station. I have a flasing light that goes into the black hole. It's about 20x24 inches and rises ten inches out from the wall.

It is inspired by Lee Bontecou's work that hangs in the C3 at the DMA. Here are two examples of her work.

My work is a more literal interpretation of hers of course, and made a LOT more cheaply. But, it serves the purpose that I need if for. That is what counts.

Close-ups of my work.

Wait until you see my next project. It's totally different!

 

No comments: