Sunday, February 10, 2013

Thursday Night Activities for Creatives at the DMA

For several years, I have been attending the DMA's Thursday night Think Creatively Workshops with Dr. Magdalena Grohman. Participants are encouraged to practice using creative thinking tools in planned activities. These workshops have helped me recognize how I work best creatively. That's Magda standing in the back right wearing boots. She is beyond a doubt an excellent and inspiring professor at UTD.
I worked with a clever team on this night. Here I am reading the story we helped create together.
Another thing we do on Thursday nights is meet professional artists who generously share their creative process with us. These are called C3 Artistic Encounter's. Here we are listening to John Hernandez talk about this artwork he made some years ago.
Hernandez_Page

Afterwards we went back to the art studio to create our own art inspired by his work. This is what I managed to do in one hour. Often, it can be super challenging to work so fast. On this particular evening, I actually came out with a finished piece. Wahoo!
I have really enjoyed meeting the fellow participants, the artists, learning new skills and new ways of thinking creatively. It has been an invaluable, educational experience, equal I'd say, to several art courses one might take at any college or university.

No comments: