Tuesday, May 5, 2009

My trip to Houston with Jeff

Jeff had a bowling tournament in Houston a little over a week ago. I went with him and we had a wonderful, mini vacation together. On Saturday while he bowled during the day, I stayed in the hotel room and worked on my lesson plans for the summer camps I'll be teaching at the Dallas Museum of Art. Afterwards in the late afternoon, we went to the The Museum of Fine Arts in Houston. IT IS AN AWESOME MUSEUM. It is also incredibly huge. We only had three hours there, but boy did we make the most of it. Here I am in front of a marvelous painting by Matisse. It is so exciting to see paintings by the masters.
Miro.
Pablo Picasso. Weird guy.

What is she looking at I wonder.

The lady has a protruding bottom lip. She must not be wearing her dentures.

What a decadent, lulling figure this yellow man is. It would be fun to create a story with a character based on this image.
We couldn't use flash in the museum, so these images have an odd, beige color to them. We would have taken more, but we were in too much of a hurry trying to see as much of it as possible before they closed. Someday, we need to go back and see all of it!

No comments: