Sunday, December 7, 2008

First Tuesday in December

So, every first Tuesday I do a program for preschoolers at the DMA. This December's program was lots of fun because I got to tell stories in the Eliasson exhibit with the kids. Anyway, I am taking the DART down from Plano while the Tut exhibit is showing these days. The museum's parking garage stays jab packed with all the extra patrons coming in. I like taking the DART, it's very relaxing and stress free. Last Tuesday after my program, I sat on a bench waiting for the train and suddenly realized how empty the streets were. It was about 2pm. Where was everyone?
Look how clean downtown Dallas is. It is always well maintained.

By the time the DART arrived there were a few more folks waiting with me. Really though, it was an oddly quiet day in the city.

1 comment:

Tina Leavy said...

the quiet streets would have had me a wee bit concerned as to ..o.k. where is everybody hiding..and why? with my active imagination I think I would have been finding some civilization pretty quickly...ha. but yes the streets there do look pretty clean.
hope you and yours are doing well. wishing you a Happy Holiday season.